Pokemon Go Holiday 2019: Shiny Snover, Shiny Stantler, and Much More
The game's yearly holiday event will let you collect Pokemon that are dressed up for this most festive time of the year.
Mark your calendars, trainers! Pokemon Go’s yearly holiday event is right around the corner, and it comes with so many new announcements and features that it’s hard not to get excited!
The holiday event will run from December 24 at 12:00 a.m. to January 1 at 11:59 p.m. local time. Here’s everything you can expect to find or happen during that time:
- You can collect Pikachu, Raichu, and Pichu wearing beanies
- You can collect Stantler wearing bells
- Ice-type Pokemon, such as Sneasel, Delibird, Snorunt and others will appear in the wild
- Cubchoo will make its debut in the game
- Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Pichu wearing beanies, and Stantler wearing bells will be available to hatch from 7 km Eggs
- Raichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will be appear in Tier-2 Raids
- If you activate a Glacial Lure Module during this event, it may attract Cryogonal, which is making its in-game debut
- You can collect and complete event-themed Field Research tasks that will let you encounter Pokemon such as Pikachu that are wearing beanies
- New Shadow Pokemon will be added, such as Delibird
- You’ll have the chance to encounter Shiny Snover, as well as Shiny Stantler wearing bells
- A Stantler Sweater, Stantler Headband, and Beanie Hat will be added to the in-game Style Shop for your avatar to wear
As if all of that wasn’t enough, special bonuses will also be active for different periods of time during this overall event.
From December 24 at 12:00 a.m. to January 1 at 11:59 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to open 40 Gifts per day, rather than 20, and you’ll be able to carry 20 Gifts at a time, rather than 10. You’ll also receive one single-use Incubator each day during this event window by spinning the photo disc at a PokeStop.
From December 24 at 12:00 a.m. to December 25 at 11:59 p.m. local time, you’ll receive twice the normal amount of Pokemon Candy when capturing and transferring Pokemon.
From December 26 at 12:00 a.m. to December 27 at 11:59 p.m. local time, you’ll earn two times the normal amount of Stardust when capturing Pokemon.
From December 28 at 12:00 a.m. to December 29 at 11:59 p.m. local time, you’ll receive double the normal amount of experience points when capturing Pokemon.
From December 30 at 12:00 a.m. to January 1 at 11:59 p.m. local time, Eggs will hatch after walking half the normal required distance, so long as they’re placed into an Incubator during this time frame.
Finally, on December 28 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, Glacial Lure Modules will remain active for two hours when activated during this window. Pokemon like Lapras, Delibird, Cubchoo, and others will be attracted to these Glacial Lure Modules during this event. Plus, if you evolve Eevee into Glaceon during this time frame, it will learn the Charged Attack Last Resort.
During this time, Regice will be available to challenge in Raids, and you’ll also receive up to two extra Raid Passes by visiting Gyms. You can only hold a single Raid Pass at a time, so you’ll need to collect a Raid Pass, use it to participate in a Raid, and then visit a Gym again to collect another Raid Pass until you’ve earned all three that are available on December 28.
Phew! That’s a lot to take in, so make sure you plan ahead so you don’t miss out on your favorite bonuses and events this holiday season!