Pokemon Go October 2022 Community Day: Watch Out for Shiny Litwick
This event is coming soon!
The next Pokemon Go Community Day event will take place on October 15, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
During this event, Litwick will appear more frequently than normal in the wild and players will have the chance to find Shiny Litwick.
Litwick is a Ghost- and Fire-type Pokemon from the fifth generation of the Pokemon universe. In Pokemon Go, you can evolve Litwick into Lampent using 25 Litwick Candy, and then evolve Lampent into Chandelure using 100 Litwick Candy and a Unova Stone. Each time players evolve Lampent into Chandelure during this event or during the five hours immediately following it, Chandelure will learn the move Poltergeist.
A number of in-game bonuses will be active from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time on October 15, 2022:
- Players will earn three times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon.
- Players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon.
- There will be twice the normal chance for players who have reached at least Level 31 to receive XL Candy when catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours when activated during this event.
- Incense will remain active for three hours when activated during this event.
- Players will be able to take Snapshots to receive additional Litwick encounters.
Two other bonuses will be in effect from 2 p.m. local time until 10 p.m. local time on October 15, 2022:
- Players will be able to perform one extra Special Trade.
- Trades will require 50 percent less Stardust to perform.
Elsewhere, players will be able to collect event-themed stickers by spinning the Photo Disc at PokeStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them in the in-game store.
In addition, players will have the option to spend $1 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline on Community Day called “Field Notes: Trick of the Light.” Players will also have the option to purchase this ticket for their in-game friends.
Finally, on October 15, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. local time, players will be able to participate in Tier-4 Raids against Lampent. Players will only be able to use Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes to participate in these Raids. Players won’t be able to use Remote Raid Passes to participate in these Raids.
When players successfully defeat Lampent in one of these Raids, Litwick will appear in the area around the Gym that hosted the Raid for 30 minutes.
Are you looking forward to the October 2022 Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.