Pokemon Go 2022 Pokemon World Championships Event: Zacian Raids, Mega Slowbro Raids, and More
The 2022 Pokemon World Championships will take place in London, England.
As spotted by Serebii.net, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, revealed details surrounding the 2022 Pokemon World Championships event in Pokemon Go! This event is inspired by the 2022 Pokemon World Championships event that will be held in Longdon, England from August 18-21, 2022.
Pokemon Go’s 2022 Pokemon World Championships event will run from August 18, 2022 at 10 a.m. local time until August 23, 2022 at 8 p.m. local time.
During this event, Nidoran♀, Mankey, Machop, Mudkip, Sableye, Meditite, Swablu, Spheal, Croagunk, and Dewpider will appear more frequently than normal in the wild. Scraggy and Galarian Stunfisk will also have the chance to appear in the wild during this event, but the Pokemon Go website said they’ll be rarer than the other featured Pokemon.
A number of in-game bonuses will be active during this event:
- Players will be able to challenge Pokemon Trainers at PokeStops. These Trainers will have Pokemon teams that are inspired by the teams used by the winners of the Pokemon Go Regional Championships.
- Players will receive three times the normal amount of Stardust from Go Battle League win rewards.
- Players will be able to complete up to 50 Go Battle League battles each day.
Players will be able to complete Timed Research tasks during this event to earn rewards like an encounter with World Championships 2022 Pikachu, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
A variety of Pokemon will appear in Raids during this event. Here’s the breakdown:
- Tier-1 Raids - World Championships 2022 Pikachu, Galarian Farfetch’d, Marill, Barboach, Timburr, and Scraggy
- Tier-3 Raids - Primeape, Lickitung, and Skarmory
- Tier-5 Raids - Zacian and Zamazenta
- Mega Raids - Mega Slowbro
Players will be able to complete event-themed Field Research tasks during this event to earn encounters with Bulbasaur, World Championships 2022 Pikachu, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Magikarp, Chikorita, Mudkip, Galarian Zigzagoon, Beldum, Galarian Stunfisk, and Fletchling.
Next, players will be able to evolve certain Pokemon during this event to teach them special moves. Here are the moves that will be available:
- Players can evolve Rhydon to receive a Rhyperior that knows Rock Wrecker.
- Players can evolve Haunter to receive a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch.
- Players can evolve Magikarp to receive a Gyarados that knows Aqua Tail.
- Players can evolve Metang to receive a Metagross that knows Meteor Mash.
- Players can evolve Fletchinder to receive a Talonflame that knows Incinerate.
Elsewhere, four avatar items will be added to the shop once this event begins:
- Dragon-type Sport Top
- Dragon-type Sport Shorts
- Dark-type Sport Top
- Dark-type Sport Shorts
Players will also be able to collect a 2022 Worlds Tee for their in-game avatar by redeeming a code that will be revealed during the 2022 Pokemon World Championships live stream and shared on Pokemon Go’s social channels.
Finally, players who attend the 2022 Pokemon World Championships event in London, England will be able to collect the 2022 Worlds Participant Tee for their in-game avatar by spinning the photo disc at the PokeStop at the Pokemon Go booth at the event.
Are you looking forward to the 2022 Pokemon World Championships event in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.