Pokemon Go Anniversary Event 2022: Shadow Latios, Party Hat Charizard, and More
The game's 6th birthday is coming soon!
During the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event, Pansear will appear in the wild and in Raids around the world. Unown E will also be available to battle in Raids. In addition, players will be able to complete Timed Research tasks to earn an encounter with Wash Rotom.
Elsewhere, a number of bonuses will be active during the Battle Weekend event:
- Team Go Rocket balloons will be available every two hours.
- Players will receive five times the normal amount of Stardust from Go Battle League rewards.
- Players will be able to collect one extra Raid Pass per day.
- Players will receive 50 percent more experience points than normal when completing Raid Battles.
- Players will receive two Mysterious Components after defeating a Team Go Rocket Grunt.
- Players will receive 50 percent more Stardust than normal when defeating Team Go Rocket Grunts.
- Players will be able to encounter Legendary Pokemon as Go Battle League reward encounters at Rank 16 and higher.
Finally, during the Battle Weekend event, players will be able to evolve specific Pokemon to teach them special moves. Here's the breakdown:
- Bulbasaur - Frenzy Plant
- Chikorita - Frenzy Plant
- Treecko - Frenzy Plant
- Turtwig - Frenzy Plant
- Snivy - Frenzy Plant
- Charmander - Blast Burn and Dragon Breath
- Cyndaquil - Blast Burn
- Torchic - Blast Burn
- Chimchar - Blast Burn
- Tepig - Blast Burn
- Squirtle - Hydro Cannon
- Totodile - Hydro Cannon
- Mudkip - Hydro Cannon
- Piplup - Hydro Cannon
- Oshawott - Hydro Cannon
Pokemon Go will turn 6 in July 2022, and to celebrate, the free-to-play mobile game will hold a Pokemon Go Anniversary Event from July 6 at 10 a.m. local time until July 12 at 8 p.m. local time.
During this event, Bulbasaur, Party Hat Charmander, Squirtle, Cake Costume Pikachu, Machop, Ledyba, Ralts, Buneary, Venipede, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Litleo, and Pikipek will appear more frequently than normal in the wild. Gabite, Clauncher, and Helioptile will also have the chance to appear in the wild during this event, though the Pokemon Go website indicated they’ll be rarer than the other featured Pokemon.
Once this event begins, Party Hat Charmeleon and Party Hat Charizard will become available to collect in Pokemon Go. This means players will be able to evolve Party Hat Charmander into Party Hat Chameleon, and then evolve Party Hat Charmeleon into Party Hat Charizard.
A variety of Pokemon will appear in Raids during this event:
- Tier-1 Raids - Cake Costume Pikachu and Dratini
- Tier-3 Raids - Venusaur, Party Hat Charizard, Blastoise, Tyranitar, and Metagross
- Tier-5 Raids - Zapdos
- Mega Raids - Mega Charizard X will appear in Mega Raids from July 6-7, while Mega Charizard Y will appear in Mega Raids from July 7-12
During the 2022 Pokemon Go Anniversary Event, players will be able to complete event-themed Field Research tasks to earn encounters with a number of different Pokemon:
Once the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event begins, players will be able to purchase new anniversary-themed avatar items in the in-game store. These items will remain in the store even after the event ends.
Plus, players will be able to collect event-themed stickers during this event by opening Gifts, spinning the Photo Discs at PokeStops, and purchasing them from the in-game store.
Finally, a Battle Weekend event will take place during the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event. The Battle Weekend event will take place from July 9, 2022 at 12 a.m. local time until July 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Once this event begins, players will be able to complete new Special Research tasks to receive a Super Rocket Radar, which they can use to challenge Giovanni. Giovanni will have Shadow Latios on his team.
Team Go Rocket Grunts, as well as Sierra, Cliff, and Arlo, will also have different Shadow Pokemon on their teams.
A number of in-game bonuses will be active during this event:
- Team Go Rocket balloons will be available every three hours
- Players will be able to complete up to 20 sets of battles in the Go Battle League
- Players will receive four times the normal amount of Stardust from Go Battle League rewards
- Players will be able to use Charged TMs to make Shadow Pokemon forget the move Frustration
It’s possible more features will be added to the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event before it begins. During the Pokemon Go Fest Berlin event, which will take place from July 1-3, players will have the chance to unlock Ultra Unlock bonuses that will apply to this Pokemon Go Anniversary Event. If these Ultra Unlock bonuses are unlocked, we’ll update this space to let you know how the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event will change.
Are you looking forward to the Pokemon Go Anniversary Event in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.