Pokemon Go July 2022 Community Day: Watch Out for Shiny Starly
Mark your calendars!
The next Pokemon Go Community Day event will take place on July 17, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
During this event, Starly will appear more frequently than normal in the wild and players will have the chance to encounter Shiny Starly.
Starly is a Normal- and Flying-type Pokemon from the fourth generation of the Pokemon universe. In Pokemon Go, you can evolve Starly into Staravia using 25 Starly Candy, and then evolve Staravia into Staraptor using 100 Starly Candy.
Each time players evolve Staravia into Staraptor during this event and during the five hours immediately following it, Staraptor will learn the move Gust.
A number of in-game bonuses will be active during July’s Pokemon Go Community Day event:
- Players will receive three times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon.
- Players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon.
- There will be twice the normal chance for players to receive Starly Candy XL when catching Starly
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours when activated during the event.
- Incense will remain active for three hours when activated during the event.
- Players will be able to take Snapshots of Pokemon to receive extra Starly encounters.
- Players will be able to complete one extra Special Trade during the Community Day event or during the five hours immediately following it
- Trades completed during the Community Day event and during the five hours immediately following it will require 50 percent less Stardust to complete
On the Pokemon Go website, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, detailed another bonus that will be available during the July 2022 Community Day event:
“If enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with help from a single Lure Module, the 3× XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4× bonus XP for 30 minutes.*
* This bonus will not stack with the base 3× Catch XP bonus and will instead replace it for the duration.”
Players will be able to collect Starly-themed stickers during this Community Day event by opening Gifts, spinning the Photo Discs at PokeStops and purchasing them in the in-game store.
Players will also have the option to spend $1 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline on Community Day called “Field Notes: Starly.” Players will have the option to purchase these tickets for themselves, and they will also have the option to purchase these tickets for their in-game friends.
Finally, players will be able to battle against Staravia in Tier-4 Raid battles on July 17, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. If players defeat Staravia in one of these Raids, Starly will appear near the Gym that held the Raid for 30 minutes.
Players will only be able to participate in these Raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Players won’t be able to use Remote Raid Passes to participate in these Raids.
Are you looking forward to the July 2022 Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.