Pokemon Go June 2022 Community Day: Watch Out for Shiny Deino
This event is coming soon!
The next Pokemon Go Community Day event is scheduled to take place on June 25, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
During this event, Deino will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and there will be the chance to encounter Shiny Deino.
Deino is a Dark- and Dragon-type Pokemon from the fifth generation of the Pokemon universe. In Pokemon Go, you can evolve Deino into Zweilous using 25 Deino Candy, and then evolve Zweilous into Hydreigon using 100 Deino Candy.
Each time players evolve Deino during this event or during the five hours immediately following it, they’ll receive a Hydreigon that knows the move Brutal Swing.
A number of in-game bonuses will be active during this event:
- Eggs will hatch after walking 1/4 of the normal required distance if they’re placed into Incubators during the event.
- Players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon.
- There will be twice the normal chance for players to receive Deino Candy XL when they catch Deino.
- Incense will remain active for three hours if activated during this event.
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours if activated during this event.
- Players will be able to complete one extra special trade during this event or during the five hours immediately following it. This means players will technically be able to complete three special trades on June 25, 2022.
- Trades completed during this event and during the five hours immediately following it will require 50 percent less Stardust than normal to complete.
- Players will be able to take Snapshots of Pokemon during this event to receive extra Deino encounters.
On the Pokemon Go website, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, detailed one more bonus that will be available during this event:
“If enough Pokémon are caught with help from a single Lure Module, wild Zweilous will appear near the Lured PokéStop.”
While all players will be able to participate in this Community Day event for free, players will also have the option to spend $1 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline on Community Day called “Field Notes: Deino.” Players will also have the option to purchase these tickets for their in-game friends. (You can learn more about purchasing in-game tickets for your friends in our guide.)
Finally, players will be able to collect event-themed stickers by opening Gifts, spinning the Photo Discs at PokeStops, and buying them from the in-game shop. The Deino Hat will also be available to purchase in the in-game shop for 150 PokeCoins. This is the same hat that players had the chance to earn for free as part of the Season of Heritage.
Once the main portion of this Community Day event ends at 2 p.m. local time on June 25, 2022, special Raid battles will become available to complete in Pokemon Go for the next five hours.
Specifically, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time on June 25, 2022, Zweilous will appear in Tier-4 Raids. Niantic said, “Once you defeat Zweilous in a four-star Raid Battle, Deino will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes.”
Players will only be able to use Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes to participate in these Zweilous Raids. That means players won’t be able to use Remote Raid Passes to participate in these Raids.
Are you excited about June’s Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.