Pokemon Go Fest 2022: Shaymin, Axew Raids, and More
Everything you need to know.
As reported by Polygon, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, revealed new details about this year’s Pokemon Go Fest event, which will take place on June 4-5, 2022.
As PokeMiners spotted, tickets for this event are now on sale in the in-game shop (they cost $14.99 in the U.S.).
According to the Pokemon Go website, this event will feature some content that will be available to all players, even if they don’t purchase a ticket, and additional content will only be available to ticket holders.
Day 1 of Pokemon Go Fest will run from 10 a.m. local time to 6 p.m. local time on June 4, 2022.
Here’s a breakdown of everything that will be available for all players during Day 1, even if they don’t have an event ticket.
- Day 1 will have “four rotating habitat hours,” and different Pokemon will appear more frequently than normal in the wild during each hour. Here’s the lineup:
- City Habitat - Magnemite, Alolan Grimer, Hitmonchan, Baltoy, Trash Cloak Burmy, Bronzor, Pidove, Trubbish, Gothita, Golett, and Litten. Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Galarian Weezing may also appear, but the Pokemon website indicated they’ll be rarer than the other Pokemon featured during this hour.
- Plains Habitat - Girafarig, Dunsparce, Larvitar, Numel, Trapinch, Buizel, Patrat, Drilbur, Shelmet, Rufflet, and Litleo. Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Axew will also have the chance to appear, but will be rarer.
- Rainforest Habitat - Mudkip, Seedot, Shroomish, Slakoth, Turtwig, Chimchar, Venipede, Karrablast, Binacle, Skrelp, and Rowlet. Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Pancham will also have the chance to appear, but will be rarer.
- Tundra Habitat - Omanyte, Swinub, Wingull, Meditite, Wailmer, Spheal, Piplup, Vanillite, Cubchoo, Bergmite, and Popplio. Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Galarian Darumaka will also have the chance to appear, but will be rarer.
- Shiny Shroomish, Shiny Numel, Shiny Karrablast, Shiny Axew, and Shiny Shelmet will become available.
- Players will be able to visit the in-game shop to collect a free Pokemon Go Fest 2022 Tee item for their avatar.
- Confetti will appear on the in-game map.
- Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Axew will appear in Tier-1 Raids
Here are the event features that will be available to ticket holders on Day 1:
- Players will be able to complete Special Research tasks to earn an encounter with Land Forme Shaymin, as well as “an event-exclusive avatar item and a special avatar pose.”
- As players progress through the Special Research storyline, they’ll be asked to make two decisions that will determine the tasks they’ll receive. To start, players will be able to choose between “Relaxed,” “Standard” and “Master” difficulty levels for their Special Research tasks. The choice players make will affect which sticker they receive as a reward, but the choice will have no other effect on the rewards they’ll receive for completing this Special Research. The second choice will ask players to choose between “Catch,” “Explore,” and “Battle.”
- Players will have the chance to encounter Shiny Unown B.
- Players will be able to complete four Collection Challenges that are themed after the four Habitat hours.
- Players will be able to work together to complete tasks in the Global Challenge Arena. Each hour will have a challenge to complete, and if the community can complete the task before time runs out, an in-game bonus will become active that will remain active for the rest of the hour.
- Players will have an increased chance of finding Shiny Pokemon in the wild when using Incense during the event’s hours. This chance will be higher on Day 1 than Day 2.
- Certain Pokemon will be attracted to Incense during each Habitat Hour. Here’s the lineup:
- City Habitat - Galarian Weezing, Unown B, Unown G, Unown O, Unown U, and Klink
- Plains Habitat - Unown B, Unown G, Unown U, Unown O, Torkoal, and Axew
- Rainforest Habitat - Unown B, Unown G, Unown O, Unown U, Tropius, and Pancham
- Tundra Habitat - Galarian Mr. Mime, Unown B, Unown G, Unown O, Unown U, and Galarian Darumaka
Day 2 of Pokemon Go Fest 2022 will run from 10 a.m. local time to 6 p.m. local time on June 5, 2022.
For Day 2, here are all of the features that will be available to every player, even if they haven’t purchased a ticket:
- Players will be able to work together to complete tasks in the Global Challenge Area.
- An unannounced Pokemon will make its in-game debut in Tier-5 Raids.
- If players login between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. local time, they’ll receive a “short Special Research story.”
- Every Pokemon featured on Day 1 will have the chance to appear during the event hours on Day 2.
- Pikachu wearing a Gracidea flower and Axew will appear in Tier-1 Raids.
Next, here are all of the features that will be available to ticket holders on Day 2:
- After completing the Special Research story that is available to all players, ticket holders will receive another Special Research storyline.
- Every Pokemon that was attracted to Incense on Day 1 will have the chance to be attracted to Incense again during the event hours on Day 2.
- Team Go Rocket balloons will appear more frequently than normal, and players will receive two times the normal number of Mysterious Components when defeating Team Go Rocket Grunts.
Finally, here are all of the features that will be available to all players during both days of the Pokemon Go Fest event, even if they don’t have a ticket:
- Players can share Snapshots from the event on social media with the hashtag #PokemonGOFest2022 for a chance to have their photos pictured on the game’s Today View.
- Players will be able to take a Snapshot during the event “for a surprise.”
Here are the features that will be available to ticket holders on both days of the event:
- Players will be able to collect up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning the Photo Disc at Gyms.
- Players will be able to collect event-themed stickers from Gifts and PokeStops.
- Players will be able to take up to five Snapshots during the event hours each day “for a surprise.”
In addition to revealing these details about Pokemon Go Fest 2022, Niantic said a special Pokemon Go Fest finale event will take place on August 27, 2022. Players who purchase a ticket to Pokemon Go Fest 2022 will receive a ticket for this finale event at no additional charge. Players who don’t purchase a Pokemon Go Fest ticket will have the option to purchase a ticket for the finale event for $10.99.
Are you looking forward to this year’s Pokemon Go Fest? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.
Update (04/27/2022): This article has been updated with additional information about the Pokemon Go Fest finale event.