Pokemon Go May 2022 Community Day: Watch Out for Shiny Alolan Geodude
Mark your calendars!
The next Pokemon Go Community Day event will take place on May 21, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
During this event, Alolan Geodude will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and players will have the chance to encounter Shiny Alolan Geodude.
Alolan Geodude is the Alolan form of Geodude. The Alola region was the setting for the Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon video games on Nintendo DS.
In Pokemon Go, you can evolve Alolan Geodude into Alolan Graveler using 25 Geodude Candy, and then evolve Alolan Graveler into Alolan Golem using 100 Geodude Candy. Alolan Graveler can also be evolved into Alolan Golem without using Candy if the Pokemon has previously been traded.
Each time players evolve Alolan Graveler into Alolan Golem during this event or during the two hours immediately following it, Alolan Golem will learn the move Rollout.
A number of in-game bonuses will be available during this Pokemon Go Community Day event:
- Players will receive three times the normal amount of Stardust when catching Pokemon
- Players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon
- There will be twice the normal chance of receiving Geodude XL Candy when catching Alolan Geodude
- Incense will remain active for three hours if activated during this event
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours if activated during this event
- Players will be able to take Snapshots of Pokemon to receive more Pokemon encounters
- Players will be able to perform an additional Special Trade during the Community Day event or during the two hours immediately following it. This means players will be able to conduct two Special Trades on Community Day, rather than one.
- Trades conducted during the event and during the two hours immediately following it will cost 50 percent less Stardust
If players capture enough Pokemon that are attracted to a single Lure Module during this event, the event’s “3x Catch Stardust” bonus will be temporarily increased to a “4x Catch Stardust” bonus for 30 minutes. This bonus Stardust will only apply to players who are near the PokeStop with the Lure Module.
Players will have multiple ways to spend real money and/or premium currency during this event. First, players will have the option to spend 975 PokeCoins on a Community Day Box that contains one Super Incubator, one Lucky Egg, one Elite Fast TM, and one Star Piece.
Players will also have the option to spend $1 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline on Community Day called “A Rocky Road.” In addition to purchasing a ticket for themselves, players will have the option to purchase a ticket for someone else. On the Pokemon Go website, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, said additional details about this feature will be released in the future.
Finally, players will be able to collect a free bundle of 30 Ultra Balls from the in-game shop during this event. Players will also be able to collect event-themed stickers by spinning the Photo Disc at PokeStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the game’s shop.
Remember, players aren’t required to spend real money or PokeCoins to participate in the Community Day festivities. These options are available for players who are comfortable spending money to receive extra in-game content.
Are you looking forward to this Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.