Pokemon Go Community Day for April 2022: Watch Out for Shiny Stufful
This event will run for three hours, instead of six.
The next Pokemon Go Community Day event will take place on April 23, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
During this event, Stufful will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and there will be the chance for players to encounter Shiny Stufful.
Stufful is a Normal- and Fighting-type Pokemon from the seventh generation of the Pokemon universe. In Pokemon Go, players will be able to evolve Stufful into Bewear using 400 Stufful Candy.
Each time players evolve Stufful into Bewear during this event or during the two hours immediately following it, Bewear will learn Drain Punch.
A number of in-game bonuses will be available during this event:
- Players will earn three times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon
- Players will earn two times the normal number of Candy when catching Pokemon
- Players will have twice the normal chance of receiving Stufful XL Candy when catching Stufful
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours when activated during the event
- Incense will remain active for three hours when activated during the event
- Players will be able to take Snapshots of Pokemon to earn extra Pokemon encounters
- Players will be able to conduct an extra Special Trade during the event or during the two hours immediately following it (this means players will be able to conduct two Special Trades on April 23, so long as one is completed during this event time period)
- Trades conducted during the event and during the two hours immediately following it will require 50 percent less Stardust than normal
On the Pokemon Go website, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, encouraged players to work together on Community Day to unlock an additional bonus:
If players capture enough Pokemon from a Lure Module during Community Day, the event's "3x XP bonus" for catching Pokemon will be temporaily increased to a "4x XP" bonus that will apply to Pokemon captured near the PokeStop with the Lure Module for 30 minutes. This "4x XP" bonus won't stack with the event's "3x XP bonus." Instead, it will replace the "3x XP bonus" for the 30-minute time period.
Next, for April’s Community Day event, players will have the option to spend 850 PokeCoins on a Community Day Box in the in-game store that will contain 15 Ultra Balls, 15 Pinap Berries, one Elite Fast TM, and one Remote Raid Pass.
Players will also have the option to spend $1 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline on Community Day called “Strong Stuff.”
Remember, players aren’t required to purchase the Community Day Box or Special Research ticket in order to participate in the rest of the Community Day festivities.
Finally, players will have the chance to collect event-themed stickers by spinning the Photo Disc at PokeStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game store. Players will also be able to collect a free box of 30 Ultra Balls from the in-game store.
Previously, most Pokemon Go Community Day events lasted six hours, rather than three. Niantic explained why April’s Community Day event is shorter on the Pokemon Go website. You can click here to read the details.
Are you excited about April’s Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.
Editor's Note (03/23/2022): This article has been udpated to better explain the event's "4x XP" bonus.