Pokemon Go 2022 Lunar New Year Event: Shiny Litleo and More
Everything you need to know.
Pokemon Go’s 2022 Lunar New Year event is almost here!
The 2022 Lunar New Year event will run from February 1 at 10 a.m. local time until February 7 at 8 p.m. local time.
During this event, Paras, Meowth, Growlithe, Voltorb, Hisuian Voltorb, Magikarp, Torchic, and Litleo will appear more frequently than normal in the wild. According to the Pokemon Go website, Electabuzz, Gyarados, and Combusken will also have the chance to appear in the wild during this event, though they’ll be rarer than the other Pokemon that will appear as part of this event.
Once this event begins, Shiny Litleo will become available in Pokemon Go.
Next, a number of in-game bonuses will be available during this event:
- There will be an increased chance for players to receive Lucky Pokemon when trading
- There will be an increased chance to become Lucky Friends
- Players will receive two times the normal amount of Stardust when opening Gifts
- Players will be able to perform two Special Trades per day, rather than one. This Special Trade bonus will run from 1 p.m. PT on January 31 to 1 p.m. PT on February 8.
A variety of Pokemon will appear in Raids during this event. Here’s the lineup:
- Tier-1 Raids - Magikarp, Shinx, Darumaka, Litleo, and Espurr
- Tier-3 Raids - Charizard, Flareon, Shuckle, Delcatty, Absol, and Druddigon
- Tier-5 Raids - Regirock
- Mega Raids - Mega Houndoom
Five Pokemon will have the chance to hatch from 7 km Eggs that are collected during this event:
Elsewhere, during this event, players will be able to complete event-themed Field Research tasks to earn encounters with Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Magikarp, Darumaka, Litleo, and Espurr. Field Research tasks that reward players with Mega Gyarados Energy will also be available.
Finally, players will be able to complete Timed Research tasks during this event to earn encounters with Litleo and Espurr.
Are you looking forward to the 2022 Lunar New Year event in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.