Pokemon Go Community Day February 2022: Watch Out for Shiny Hoppip
Everything you need to know.
Trainers, the next Pokemon Go Community Day event is scheduled to take place on February 12, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
During this event, Hoppip will appear more frequently than normal in the wild and you may encounter Shiny Hoppip (though encountering Shiny Hoppip won’t be guaranteed).
Hoppip is a Grass- and Flying-type Pokemon from the second generation of the Pokemon universe. It has two evolutions. In Pokemon Go, you can evolve Hoppip into Skiploom using 25 Hoppip Candy, and then evolve Skiploom into Jumpluff using 100 Hoppip Candy.
Each time players evolve Skiploom into Jumpluff during this event or during the two hours immediately following it, Jumpluff will learn the move Acrobatics.
During February’s Community Day event, a variety of in-game bonuses will be available:
- Players will earn three times the normal amount of Stardust when catching Pokemon.
- Incense will remain active for three hours if activated during the event.
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours if activated during the event. Players will be able to take Go Snapshots of Pokemon to earn additional Hoppip encounters.
- Players will be able to collect up to three free Raid Passes by visiting Gyms. These Raid Passes will be available to collect during the Community Day event and during the two hours immediately following it.
- Skiploom will have the chance to appear in the wild in Parks.
- Players will receive bonus Hoppip XL Candy if they catch Skiploom in the wild at Parks.
Next, players will be able to collect event-themed stickers by opening Gifts, spinning the Photo Disc at PokeStops, and purchasing them in the in-game store. A bundle of 30 Ultra Balls will also be available to collect from the store for free.
Finally, there will be two optional ways to spend real money during this event. First, players will have the option to spend $0.99 on a ticket that will give them access to a Special Research storyline called “A Hop, Skip, and Jump Away.”
Next, players will have the option to spend 1,280 PokeCoins on a Community Day Box in the store that contains 50 Ultra Balls, two Super Incubators, six Star Pieces, and an Elite Fast TM.
Are you looking forward to this Pokemon Go Community Day event? Let us know on Twitter @superparenthq.