Pokemon Go Tour Johto: Everything You Need to Know
Tickets for the event are available now.
Trainers, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, has revealed new information about Pokemon Go Tour: Johto! This major in-game event will be inspired by the Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver video games, which took players to the Johto region of the Pokemon universe.
Pokemon Go Tour: Johto will take place on February 26, 2022. The event will give all players access to a limited number of features for free, and players will have the option to purchase an event ticket to access all of the event’s content.
The following features will be available for all trainers during the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event, even if they don’t purchase a ticket:
- A selection of Pokemon from the Johto region of the Pokemon universe will appear in the wild and in Raids. Certain Pokemon from the Johto region will also have the chance to hatch from 7 km Eggs that are collected during this event.
- Some geo-locked Pokemon from the Johto region (that is, Pokemon that only appear in certain geographical regions) will appear in Raids around the world.
- Pokemon like Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Togepi will have the chance to hatch from 2 km Eggs that players receive from PokeStops during this event.
- Players will be able to complete Timed Research tasks that focus on Trainer Battles.
A ticket for the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event costs $11.99, and it’s already available to purchase in the in-game store. These tickets can’t be purchased with PokeCoins -- they can only be purchased through a real money transaction on your device.
According to the Pokemon Go website, players who purchase a ticket for the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event will have access to the following features:
- “All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be appearing in the wild, will be appearing in raids, will be appearing in encounters after research tasks, will be attracted to Incense, will hatch from Eggs, will be available via trading with friends, or will be obtainable via Evolution during this time.
- You’ll be able to complete event-exclusive Special Research, leading to an encounter with the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi. Make sure to catch Celebi during the event for a special move.
- Once you complete the Special Research line, you’ll be able to access a second exclusive Masterwork Research story, intended to be worked on over a long period of time. This will test your skills as a Trainer
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be available in their Shiny forms, some of them for the first time in Pokémon GO! This includes the featured Unown (G, O, T, U, R, and J) which will appear when using incense.In addition, you’ll be more likely to encounter certain Shiny Pokémon in the wild depending on the event version you selected. Check out the version overview below for more information.
- Earn rewards and level up your Elite Collector medal by completing nine Collection Challenges!Trainers will need to catch specific Pokémon according to a theme in a limited timeframe to complete these challenges.
- Different Pokémon will be attracted to Incense.
- A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop.
- Eggs will require one-quarter their normal Hatch Distance.
- You’ll earn twice the Candy for hatching Eggs.
- You’ll earn extra Candy when catching featured Johto Pokémon
- You’ll get up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- You’ll get an exclusive in-game medal to commemorate the event.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- You’ll be able to get special stickers by spinning PokéStops and purchasing them in the in-game shop.”
There will be two versions of the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto ticket: Silver and Gold. Players will need to choose which version of the ticket they want, which will impact their experience during the event. Specifically, certain Pokemon will be exclusive to each ticket.
According to the Pokemon Go website, here are the differences between the Gold and Silver Pokemon Go Tour: Johto tickets:
- Gold Version–exclusive Pokémon: Spinarak, Gligar, Teddiursa, and Mantine will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Spinarak, Igglybuff, Natu, Hoppip, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Gligar, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Swinub, Mantine, and Ho-Oh.
- Silver Version–exclusive Pokémon: Ledyba, Delibird, Skarmory, and Phanpy will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Cleffa, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Yanma, Pineco, Delibird, Skarmory, Houndour, Phanpy, Miltank, Larvitar, and Lugia."
While the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event will take place on February 26, 2022, a second, optional event will take place on February 27, 2022 in select cities. This event will feature Pokemon from the Kanto region of the Pokemon universe, and it will be separate from the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event. Niantic will release more information about this event in the future. To be especially clear, the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event will only be available on February 26, 2022.
Finally, if players purchase a ticket for the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event before January 10, 2022, they’ll receive the Timed Research for January and February 2022 at no additional cost. If they purchase the ticket for the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event before February 10, 2022, they’ll receive the Timed Research for February 2022 at no additional cost. You can learn more about these Timed Research tasks in our previous coverage.
Are you going to purchase a ticket for the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.