Pokemon Go December 2021: Deino Encounters, Holiday Event, and More
Here are some of the events and updates coming to Pokemon Go in December!
It’s the start of a new month, and that means there are plenty of new updates and events to look forward to in Pokemon Go!
Here’s a look at what’s happening in Pokemon Go in December 2021.
Research Breakthrough Encounters
From December 1, 2021 at 1 p.m. PT until January 1, 2022 at 1 p.m. PT, players will earn an encounter with Deino each time they achieve a Research Breakthrough. As a reminder, players achieve a Research Breakthrough each time they complete at least one Field Research task on seven different days (it doesn’t have to be seven days in a row).
Weekly 1 PokeCoin Bundles in the In-Game Shop
Each Monday in the month of December, an item bundle will be added to the in-game shop that contains a Remote Raid Pass and other items. These bundles will cost 1 PokeCoin. Each bundle can only be purchased once.
Three Legendary Pokemon will be featured in Raids in December 2021. Here’s the schedule:
- December 1 at 10 a.m. local time until December 16 at 10 a.m. local time - Reshiram and Zekrom
- December 16 at 10 a.m. local time until December 31 at 10 a.m. local time - Kyurem
Two Pokemon will be featured in Mega Raids this month, with one being a new addition to the game.
- December 1 at 10 a.m. local time until December 23 at 10 a.m. local time - Mega Steelix
- December 23, 2021 at 10 a.m. local time until January 7, 2022 at 10 a.m. local time - Mega Abomasnow
Each Wednesday in December 2021, a Raid Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time featuring the Legendary Pokemon that is/are currently available in Raids at the time.
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
Each Tuesday in December, a Spotlight Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Here are the Pokemon that will be featured during these events:
- December 7 - Electabuzz will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when transferring Pokemon to Professor Willow
- December 14 - Magmar will be the featured Pokemon, and players will receive two times the normal number of experience points when evolving Pokemon
- December 21 - Snover will be featured, and players will receive two times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon
- December 28 - Cubchoo will appear more frequently, and players will receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon
Limited Time Events
In addition to December’s Pokemon Go Community Day event, three other limited time events will take place in the month of December. (You can learn more about December’s Community Day event in our previous coverage.)
Swinub Incense Day - This event will take place on December 5, 2021, and it will allow players to catch lots of Ice- and Ground-type Pokemon. You can learn more about this event in our previous coverage.
Dragonspiral Decent - This event will be held from December 7 to December 12. It’s inspired by the Dragonspiral Tower in the Unova region of the Pokemon universe. More details about this event will be released in the future.
Pokemon Go Holidays - The game’s winter holiday event will run from December 16 to December 31, and it will be split into two parts. On the Pokemon Go website, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, said the event will feature “costumed Pokémon, Ice-type Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild, event-exclusive Field Research, winter-themed avatar items, and a bonanza of bonuses!” More details about this event will be revealed in the future.
Are you looking forward to these events and updates that are coming to Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.