Pokemon Go November 2021: Cresselia Raids, Festival of Lights, and More
Here's a look at some of the events happening next month.
Trainers, November 2021 is almost here, and that means there are plenty of updates and events to look forward to in Pokemon Go.
Here’s what we know about November’s updates and events so far.
Research Breakthrough Encounters
From November 1 at 1 p.m. PT until December 1 at 1 p.m. PT, players will earn an encounter with Vullaby each time they achieve a Research Breakthrough. As a reminder, players will achieve a Research Breakthrough each time they complete at least one Field Research task on seven separate days (it doesn't have to be seven days in a row).
1 PokeCoin Bundles
Each Monday in November, the in-game store will be updated with a 1 PokeCoin bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items. Each player will only be able to purchase this bundle once.
Five different pocket monsters will appear in Legendary Raids in November 2021. Here’s the schedule:
- Darkrai - Until November 5 at 10 a.m. local time (Darkrai caught during this time will know the move Sludge Bomb)
- Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion - From November 5 at 10 a.m. local time until November 16 at 10 a.m. local time
- Cresselia - From November 16 at 10 a.m. local time until December 1 at 10 a.m. local time
Three Pokemon will appear in Mega Raids in November:
- Mega Absol - Until November 5 at 10 a.m. local time
- Mega Manectric - From November 5 at 10 a.m. local time until November 16 at 10 a.m. local time
- Mega Lopunny - From November 16 at 10 a.m. local time until December 1 at 10 a.m. local time
Weekly Raid Hours
Each Wednesday in November, a Raid Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. During these events, more Legendary Raids will appear featuring the Pokemon that’s available in Legendary Raids at the time.
There are five Tuesdays in November 2021, which means there are five Spotlight Hour events to look forward to. Here’s the schedule of featured Pokemon and event bonuses:
- November 2 - Cacnea will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon
- November 9 - Chinchou will be featured, and you’ll receive double the normal number of Pokemon Candy when transferring Pokemon to Professor Willow
- November 16 - Turtwig will be the star, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of Stardust when catching Pokemon
- November 23 - Chimchar will be featured, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon
- November 30 - Piplup will appear more frequently than normal, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon
Limited Time Events
In addition to Community Day on November 21, four more limited-time events will take place in November 2021. (You can learn more about November’s Pokemon Go Community Day event right here.)
Día de Muertos - This event will run from November 1 to November 2. You can learn more about this event in our previous coverage.
Festival of Lights - This event will run from November 5 to November 14. According to the Pokemon Go website, it will “celebrate light overcoming darkness.”
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Celebration Event - Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl will be released on Switch on November 19, 2021. To celebrate, Pokemon Go will host a Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Celebration Event from November 16 to November 21.
An unnamed event - As we reach the end of the Season of Mischief, a new event will be held from November 26 to November 29. If players have completed the Misunderstood Mischief Special Research storyline, they’ll receive another Special Research story that will allow them to learn more about Hoopa.
Keep checking back with SuperParent, as we’ll bring you more details about November’s updates and events as they’re revealed.
Are you looking forward to these events and updates in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.