Pokemon Go October 2021: Halloween Event, Darkrai With Sludge Bomb, and More
Mark your calendars!
Trainers, October is only a few days away, and that means there are lots of new events and updates to look forward to in the world of Pokemon Go!
Here’s a look at some of the content that’s coming to Pokemon Go in October 2021.
Research Breakthrough Encounters
From October 1 at 1 p.m. PT until November 1 at 1 p.m. PT, players will earn an encounter with Yamask each time they achieve a Research Breakthrough. As a reminder, players will achieve a Research Breakthrough each time they turn in at least one Field Research task on seven separate days (it doesn’t have to be seven days in a row).
1 PokeCoin Bundles
Each Monday in October 2021, an item bundle priced at 1 PokeCoin will be added to the game’s shop. Each bundle will contain a Remote Raid Pass and other items.
A variety of Pokemon will appear in Tier-5 Raids during the month of October. Here’s the schedule:
- Genesect holding a Douse Drive - October 1 at 10 a.m. local time until October 12 at 10 a.m. local time. The Shiny version of this form of Genesect will not appear during this time.
- Altered Forme Giratina - October 12 at 10 a.m. local time until October 22 at 10 a.m. local time. Altered Forme Giratina will have the chance to be Shiny.
- Darkrai with the move Sludge Bomb - October 22 at 10 a.m. local time until November 5 at 10 a.m. local time. Darkrai will have the chance to be Shiny.
Two different mega-evolved Pokemon will appear in Mega Raids during October.
- Mega Gengar - October 1 at 10 a.m. local time until October 22 at 10 a.m. local time
- Mega Absol - October 22 at 10 a.m. local time until November 5 at 10 a.m. local time
Weekly Raid Hour Events
Each Wednesday in October, a Raid Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. During these events, more Tier-5 Raids than normal will be available featuring the Pokemon currently appearing in Tier-5 Raids at the time.
Spotlight Hour Events
Each Tuesday in October from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, a Spotlight Hour event will take place. Here’s the schedule of featured Pokemon and in-game bonuses:
- October 5 - Drifloon will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of experience points for evolving Pokemon
- October 12 - Gastly will be the featured Pokemon, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of Stardust for catching Pokemon
- October 19 - Gothita will be the star, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of experience points for catching Pokemon
- October 26 - Murkrow will be featured, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of experience points for evolving Pokemon
Limited Time Events
A few limited-time events will take place during the month of October, including an event celebrating the debut of Pokemon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle on Netflix (check out our previous coverage to learn more about this event).
Here are the other events players can look forward to:
- Niantic’s Birthday - On October 6, players can login to Pokemon Go between 11 a.m. local time and 5 p.m. local time to receive a free box celebrating Niantic’s birthday. Niantic is the developer of Pokemon Go.
- Pokemon Go Community Day - On October 9 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, Duskull will appear more frequently than normal in the wild. Check out our previous coverage to learn more about this event. 2021
- Halloween Event - This year’s Halloween event will run from October 15 to October 31. During this event, costumed Pokemon will appear in the wild and players will be able to complete new Special Research tasks themed after Halloween. More details about this event will be revealed in the future.
Are you looking forward to the events and updates coming to Pokemon Go in October 2021? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.