Pokemon Go September 2021: Shiny Ditto, Lugia Raids, Fashion Week, and More
Here's a preview of what's to come.
Trainers, it’s almost September, and that means it’s time to take a look at some of the updates and events that will be coming to Pokemon Go in the new month.
Here’s everything we know so far.
Ditto Research Breakthrough Encounters
From September 1, 2021 at 1 p.m. PT until October 1, 2021 at 1 p.m. PT, players will receive an encounter with Ditto each time they achieve a Research Breakthrough. As a reminder, players achieve a Research Breakthrough each time they complete at least one Field Research task on seven different days (it doesn’t have to be seven days in a row).
After Ditto is added to the Research Breakthrough feature in September, players will have the chance to encounter Shiny Ditto through the Research Breakthrough encounter and in the wild going forward.
1 PokeCoin Bundles
Each Monday in September, a 1 PokeCoin bundle will be added to the game’s shop containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items.
The following Pokemon will appear in Tier-5 Raids in September 2021:
- Lugia with the move Aeroblast - September 1 at 10 a.m. local time until September 14 at 10 a.m. local time
- Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf (in their normal regions) - September 14 at 10 a.m. local time until October 1 at 10 a.m. local time. All three Pokemon will have the chance to be Shiny.
Two Mega-Evolved Pokemon will appear in Mega Raids in September. Here’s the schedule:
- Mega Slowbro - September 1 at 10 a.m. local time until September 14 at 10 a.m. local time
- Mega Houndoom - September 14 at 10 a.m. local time until October 1 at 10 a.m. local time
Raid Hour Events
Each Wednesday in September, a Raid Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time featuring the Pokemon that’s appearing in Tier-5 Raids at the time.
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
There are four Tuesdays in September, so there are four Spotlight Hour events scheduled to take place next month. These events take place every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Here’s the schedule for September:
- September 7 - Spoink will appear more frequently than normal in the wild, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of Stardust for catching Pokemon
- September 14 - Baltoy will be the featured Pokemon, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon
- September 21 - Skitty will be the star, and you’ll receive two times the normal number of Pokemon Candy for catching Pokemon
- September 28 - Alolan Meowth will be featured, and you’ll receive two Pokemon Candy for every Pokemon you transfer to Professor Willow instead of one
A few limited-time events are scheduled to take place in September, starting with the one-day Hoopa’s Arrival event on September 5. Here are the other events and what we know about them so far:
Psychic Spectacular - This event will run from September 8 at 10 a.m. local time until September 13 at 8 p.m. local time. This event will feature at least one Pokemon that has never been available in the game before.
Fashion Week - The Fashion Week event will run from September 21 at 10 a.m. local time until September 28 at 8 p.m. local time. During this event, players will be able to collect Pokemon wearing costumes, as well as new items for their in-game avatar.
Evolution Preview Feature
Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, announced an evolution preview feature is coming to Pokemon Go in September. It will allow you to “preview your Pokémon’s post-Evolution CP before you evolve it.”
Keep checking back with SuperParent, as we’ll bring you more details about September’s events as they’re revealed.
Are you looking forward to these changes and events that are coming to Pokemon Go in September 2021? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.