Pokemon Go Bidoof Breakout Event: Shiny Bidoof, Bonus Experience Points, and More
It's Bidoof's time to shine!
A Bidoof Breakout event is coming soon to Pokemon Go, which will focus on Bidoof, a lovable Normal-type Pokemon from the fourth generation of the Pokemon universe.
The Bidoof Breakout event will run from June 25 at 10 a.m. local time until July 1 at 8 p.m. local time.
During this event, Bidoof will appear more frequently than normal in the wild and in Raids, and you’ll also be able to encounter Bidoof after completing event-themed Field Research tasks.
Once this event begins, Shiny Bidoof will become available in Pokemon Go. As this event progresses, Bidoof will appear more and more frequently in the wild, so be on the lookout for a Shiny Bidoof as you play!
Bidoof has a single evolution. Each time you evolve Bidoof into Bibarel during this event, it will learn the move Hyper Beam.
Plus, at different points during this event, players will be able to encounter Bidoof that know moves this Pokemon typically can’t learn. Here’s the schedule:
- June 25 at 10 a.m. local time to June 26 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Bidoof will know Shadow Ball
- June 27 at 10 a.m. local time to June 28 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Bidoof will know Thunderbolt
- June 29 at 12 a.m. local time to June 30 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Bidoof will know Ice Beam
On July 1 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these moves. Following this event, you’ll be able to teach these moves to Bidoof using an Elite Charged TM.
During the Bidoof Breakout event, players will be able to collect Bidoof stickers from PokeStops and by opening gifts. In addition, Team Go Rocket will use more Bidoof on their teams during this event.
Finally, during the Bidoof Breakout event, players will be able to earn bonus experience points for catching Pokemon. This experience point bonus will increase as the event progresses. Take a look at the schedule:
- June 25 at 10 a.m. local time to June 26 at 11:59 p.m. local time - 2x Catch XP
- June 27 at 12 a.m. local time to June 28 at 11:59 p.m. local time - 3x Catch XP
- June 29 at 12 a.m. local time to June 30 at 11:59 p.m. local time - 4x Catch XP
If you want to make the most of these experience point bonuses, make sure to activate Lucky Eggs while playing. This will allow you to double the amount of experience points you earn for completing in-game actions for 30 minutes.
Are you excited about the Bidoof Breakout event coming to Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.