Pokemon Go Johto Celebration Event Timed Research Guide
Take on Team Go Rocket to encounter Ho-Oh!
Trainers, a new series of Timed Research tasks is available to complete in Pokemon Go!
While this Timed Research is technically associated with the game’s 2021 Johto Celebration event, it will still be available to complete for a few days after the Johto Celebration ends. Specifically, the Johto Celebration event ends on January 31 at 8 p.m. local time, but this Timed Research will be available until February 7 at 8 p.m. local time.
According to The Silph Road subreddit, here’s everything these tasks ask you to do, and the rewards you’ll receive for completing them:
Johto Celebration Event Part 1
- Catch 15 Dark-type Pokemon - 5 Great Balls
- Catch 15 Shadow Pokemon - 5 Revives
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 3 Times - An encounter with Larvitar
Final Rewards: 15 Poke Balls, 1 Incense, and 5,000 experience points
Johto Celebration Event Part 2
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo - 2 Max Revives
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff - 2 Hyper Potions
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra - 2 Max Potions
Final Rewards: An encounter with Ho-Oh that knows the move Earthquake