Animal Crossing New Horizons Ornament DIY Recipes
Decorate your island for the holidays!
It’s officially the holiday season in Animal Crossing: New Horizons! For a limited time, players can collect ornaments by shaking decorated trees around their island, and then use those ornaments to create a variety of festive DIY recipes. (To learn more about collecting ornaments, check out our guide.)
According to Animal Crossing World, there are 14 different ornament DIY recipes to collect in all.
Isabelle will give you the first of these recipes -- the Ornament Wreath recipe -- as part of the game’s daily announcements. It requires six Blue Ornaments and two Gold Ornaments to create.
Here are the other 13 recipes, and the items you’ll need to create them, according to Animal Crossing World.
- Big Festive Tree - 6 Red Ornaments, 6 Blue Ornaments, 4 Gold Ornaments, 5 Wood, 5 Clay
- Festive Rug - 5 Blue Ornaments, 5 Red Ornaments, 5 Gold Ornaments
- Festive top Set - 2 Gold Ornaments, 1 Hardwood
- Festive Tree - 3 Red Ornaments, 3 Blue Ornaments, 2 Gold Ornaments, 5 Wood
- Holiday Candle - 5 Red Ornaments, 5 Clumps of Weeds
- Illuminated Present - 3 Red Ornaments, 4 Gold Ornaments, 3 Iron Nuggets
- Illuminated Reindeer - 6 Gold Ornaments, 5 Iron Nuggets
- Illuminated Snowflakes - 9 Blue Ornaments, 3 Iron Nuggets
- Illuminated Tree - 6 Gold Ornaments, 8 Red Ornaments, 8 Blue Ornaments, 6 Iron Nuggets
- Jingle Wall - 5 Red Ornaments, 5 Blue Ornaments, 5 Gold Ornaments, 5 Clay
- Ornament Mobile - 1 Red Ornament, 1 Blue Ornament, 1 Gold Ornament, 4 Tree Branches
- Tabletop Festive Tree - 5 Gold Ornaments, 3 Tree Branches, 2 Clay
- Festive Wrapping Paper - 1 Red Ornament, 1 Gold Ornament, 1 Blue Ornament
As you can see, you’ll need lots of ornaments to create one of every item in this list, and it may take you quite a while to collect everything you need. That being the case, you may want to check out the ChargePlay Clutch from HyperX. It can extend your device’s battery life so you can play New Horizons (and other Switch games) for a longer period of time before having to charge your Switch. Head over to HyperX’s website to learn more about the ChargePlay Clutch and the company’s other Switch accessories.
To learn more about Animal Crossing: New Horizons, or to view the rest of our guides for the game, check out our previous coverage.
Disclosure: Nintendo gave SuperParent a code for Animal Crossing: New Horizons for coverage purposes. In addition, HyperX is a sponsor of SuperParent.