Pokemon Go Holiday 2020 Event: Vanillite, Regice Raids, Costumed Delibird, and More
'Tis the season to collect Pokemon!
Happy holidays, trainers! A major holiday event is coming soon to Pokemon Go, which will allow you to collect new costumed Pokemon, dress your avatar in new winter clothing items, and much more.
Pokemon Go’s 2020 Holiday event will run from December 22 at 8 a.m. local time until December 31 at 10 p.m. local time.
During this time, players will be able to collect costumed versions of Pikachu, Delibird, and Cubchoo. You can see what these costumed Pokemon look like in the image at the top of this post!
In addition, Ice-type Pokemon will appear more frequently than normal in the wild during this event. This includes Pokemon like Spheal and Snover. Plus, Vanillite will make its Pokemon Go debut during this event!
Elsewhere, Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will have the chance to hatch from 5km Eggs that you collect during this event. In addition, Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will appear in Raids during this holiday event, and there’s the chance players may encounter Shiny Jynx.
If you like battling Mega-Evolved Pokemon in Pokemon Go, Mega Abomasnow will appear in Mega Raids during the game’s holiday event. In a news post, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, said Mega Abomasnow “will be even more powerful throughout the event.”
During the 2020 Holiday event, players can complete event-themed Field Research tasks to earn encounters with Pokemon such as Cryogonal and Vanillite. Players will also be able to collect holiday-themed stickers that they can add to Gifts before sending them to in-game friends. These stickers will be available to collect from PokeStops, Gifts, and the in-game Item Shop. However, they won’t be available to collect after the holiday event ends.
Once this holiday celebration begins, players will be able to dress up their avatar with new items, like the Greedent Sweater, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots, and Winter Coat. Plus, event-themed premium item boxes will also be available to purchase in the in-game store.
Finally, players will be able to complete event-themed AR Mapping tasks during this holiday event, which reward them with Abomasnow Mega Energy and Snorunt encounters.
As if all of this wasn’t enough, a series of limited bonuses will be available at different times throughout this event. Here’s the full schedule:
- December 22 at 8 a.m. local time until December 31 at 10 p.m. local time - Open up to 45 Gifts each day, and hold up to 40 Gifts at a time
- December 22 at 12 a.m. local time until December 23 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Receive twice the normal amount of experience points when completing Raids
- December 24 at 12 a.m. until December 25 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Receive twice the normal amount of Candy when catching Pokemon
- December 26 at 12 a.m. local time until December 27 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Star Pieces will last for one hour, rather than 30 minutes
- December 28 at 12 a.m. local time until December 29 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Lucky Eggs will last for one hour, rather than 30 minutes
- December 30 at 12 a.m. local time until December 31 at 11:59 p.m. local time - Receive twice the normal amount of Stardust when catching Pokemon
Finally, a smaller “Winter Weekend” event will take place during the game’s holiday festivities.
This Winter Weekend event will run from December 26 at 8 a.m. local time until December 27 at 10 p.m. local time. During that time, three features will be active:
- Regice will be available to battle in Tier-5 Raids.
- You’ll be able to complete event-themed AR Mapping tasks to earn Incense and other rewards.
- Delibird, Snorunt, Spheal, Snover, Cryogonal, and Cubchoo will be attracted more frequently to Incense.
Are you excited about this year’s holiday event in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.