Pokemon Go XP Changes List
You'll now earn more experience points for completing certain actions.
Trainers, the Go Beyond update for Pokemon Go increased the game’s level cap from 40 to 50, added a new Seasons mechanic to the game, and increased the length of each Go Battle League season, among other features.
As part of this update, trainers now earn more experience points for completing a range of in-game actions, from catching Pokemon to hatching Eggs. In a news post, Niantic shared a complete list of these changes:
- "Catching a Pokémon with a Nice Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Great Throw: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with an Excellent Throw:100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Curveball Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Evolving a Pokémon: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon or spinning a PokéStop the first time in a day: 500 XP to 1,500 XP
- Achieving a Pokémon catch streak or PokéStop spin streak of seven days: 2,000 XP to 6,000 XP
- Giving a Pokémon a Berry at a Gym: 20 XP to 50 XP
- Spinning a PokéStop: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Defeating a Gym: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Defeating a Pokémon at a Gym: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Hatching a 2 km Egg: 200 XP to 500 XP
- Hatching a 5 km Egg: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Hatching a 10 km Egg: 1,000 XP to 2,000 XP
- Hatching a Strange Egg: 2,000 XP to 4,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon in AR mode: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Unlocking a new Pokédex entry: 500 XP to 1,000 XP"
In addition to these experience point changes, Niantic also implemented a series of changes to Pokemon encounters, the game’s Buddy system, and more. Head over to the Pokemon Go website to see the full list of these updates.