Animal Crossing New Horizons: Spooky DIY Recipes and Items
Brings the spoops to your island this October.
October is almost here, and that means a major Halloween event is coming soon to Animal Crossing: New Horizons! On October 1, you’ll be able to start growing pumpkins, collecting candy, and more in preparation for the spookiest time of the year.
The Halloween event in New Horizons allows you to collect a variety of “Spooky” items, as well as DIY crafting recipes that require pumpkins to create. (Learn more about growing pumpkins in our guide.)
A different Spooky item will be available to purchase at Nook’s Cranny each day in October. So far, we’ve spotted the following items (though there are many others):
- Spooky Tower - 9,800 Bells
- Spooky Table - 22,000 Bells
- Spooky Arch - 18,000 Bells
- Spooky Scarecrow - 5,200 Bells
- Spooky Standing Lamp - 5,800 Bells
- Spooky Chair - 5,000 Bells
As spotted by Instagram user animalcrossing.cutedesigns, some of these items have different color variations. For instance, the Spooky Tower (a stack of three jack-o-lanterns) comes in orange, gray, green, and yellow. Check out this Instagram post to see the different versions of some of the game’s spooky items.
According to Game8, in addition to being able to buy these Spooky items at Nook’s Cranny, you’ll also be able to craft them by collecting the appropriate DIY recipes. Game8 said you can collect these recipes by shooting down balloons on your island, and by giving your villager friends Candy on Halloween. We've also personally received the Spooky Fence recipe from one of our villagers who was crafting in their house.
Here’s the full list of crafting recipes, and the items they require, according to Game8.
- Spooky Arch - 10 Hardwood, 3 Clay, 10 Orange Pumpkins
- Spooky Candy Set - 1 Orange Pumpkin, 3 Candy
- Spooky Carriage - 20 Wood, 20 Softwood, 20 Hardwood, 10 Iron Nuggets, 30 Orange Pumpkins
- Spooky Chair - 3 Orange Pumpkins, 3
- Softwood Spooky Fence - 3 Orange Pumpkins, 5 Iron Nuggets
- Spooky Garland - 1 Iron Nugget, 1 Clay, 1 Orange Pumpkin
- Spooky Lantern - 4 Orange Pumpkins
- Spooky Lantern Set - 4 Orange Pumpkins, 4 Clumps of Weeds
- Spooky Scarecrow - 3 Orange Pumpkins, 4 Wood
- Spooky Standing Lamp - 5 Hardwood, 1 Clay, 3 Orange Pumpkins
- Spooky Tower - 7 Orange Pumpkins
- Spooky Wand - 3 Star Fragments, 1 Spooky Lantern
Finally, according to Game8, there are a few items you’ll only be able to collect on Halloween itself (the game’s Halloween festivities run from 5 p.m. to midnight on October 31). For instance, Game8 said you can receive the Spooky Rug, Spooky Flooring, and Spooky Wall by giving your animal friends Candy on Halloween.
To learn more about Animal Crossing: New Horizons, or to view the rest of our guides for the game, check out our previous coverage.
Disclosure: Nintendo gave SuperParent a code for Animal Crossing: New Horizons for coverage purposes.