Pokemon Sword and Shield: Collect Eight Pikachu Wearing Hats
Special codes will be revealed throughout the month of October.
To celebrate the upcoming launch of The Crown Tundra expansion for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, The Pokemon Company and Nintendo are giving trainers the chance to collect eight free Pikachu (technically Ash’s Pikachu) that are wearing different caps.
This promotion will run from now until October 30. Special codes will be revealed in “various places,” which players will be able to enter in Pokemon Sword and/or Pokemon Shield to receive these Pikachu as Mystery Gifts.
The first code was revealed during a recent video presentation about The Crown Tundra expansion for Sword and Shield. Other codes may be revealed on the Play Pokemon Twitter feed, in the Pokemon Trainer Club email newsletter, and so on. In total, there will be eight different codes to redeem.
Here’s a list of the different codes (we’ll update this space as more are revealed).
- Pikachu (Original Cap): P1KACHUGET
- Pikachu (Partner Cap): 1CH00SEY0U
- Pikachu (Hoeen Cap): P1KAADVANCE
- Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap): V0LTTACKLEP1KA
- Pikachu (Unova Cap): P1KABESTW1SH
- Pikachu (Kalos Cap): KAL0SP1KA
Finally, here are some things to keep in mind about these special Pikachu, and this overall promotion:
- These Pikachu can’t be evolved.
- These Pikachu can’t be fed Max Soup.
- You can receive only one of each Pikachu per save file. However, if you own both Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, you will be able to claim each Pokemon once in both games.
- You do not need to own the Sword or Shield Expansion Pass -- or be a Nintendo Switch Online subscriber -- to receive these Pikachu. However, you will need an internet connection.
- You will have until November 30 at 6:59 a.m. PT to enter these codes into Pokemon Sword and/or Pokemon Shield.
To learn how to claim Mystery Gifts in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, check out our guide.