Pokemon Go October 2020: Shedinja Breakthroughs, Giratina Raids, and More
Mark your calendars for a month full of fun events.
Trainers, it’s almost October, which means it’s time for a preview of some of the events we can look forward to next month in Pokemon Go.
Here’s what’s happening in October 2020.
Shedinja Research Breakthroughs
From October 1 at 1 p.m. PT until November 1 at 1 p.m. PT, you’ll earn an encounter with Shedinja each time you achieve a Research Breakthrough. As a reminder, you’ll achieve a Research Breakthrough each time you complete at least one Field Research task on seven separate days.
Multiple Legendary Pokemon will be available to challenge in Raids during the month of October. Here’s the breakdown:
- Zapdos - From September 25 at 1 p.m. PT until October 2 at 1 p.m. PT
- Moltres - From October 2 at 1 p.m. PT until October 9 at 1 p.m. PT
- Origin Forme Giratina - From October 9 at 1 p.m. PT until October 23 at 1 p.m. PT
Plus, a fourth Raid Boss will be available during the game’s Halloween event, but we’ll have to wait to find out which one it will be.
Finally, each Wednesday in October, a special Raid Hour event will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, featuring the Legendary Pokemon that’s currently available.
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
There are four Tuesdays in the month of October, and each one will feature a different Pokemon Spotlight Hour. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss these four events!
- October 6 - World Cap Pikachu will be the featured Pokemon, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of experience points when catching Pokemon.
- October 13 - Original Cap Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of Pokemon Candy when catching Pokemon.
- October 20 - Shuppet will appear more often than normal, and you’ll receive twice the normal amount of Candy when you transfer Pokemon to Professor Willow.
- October 27 - Duskull will appear more frequently, and you’ll receive two times the normal amount of experience points when you evolve Pokemon.
Meowth Limited Research Event
On October 10 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to collect and complete special Field Research tasks that will reward you with encounters with Kanto Meowth, Alolan Meowth, and Galarian Meowth.
There will also be new Timed Research tasks available to complete on October 10, and you’ll have the option to purchase a special box in the in-game store containing Incense, Lucky Eggs, and Pinap Berries.
Remember, trainers, that in addition to these events, a Fashion-themed event will also take place in the month of October, and the game’s Halloween event is coming next month as well.
While we don’t know many details about the game’s Halloween event just yet, in a news post, Niantic, the game’s developer, said players “can expect new avatar items, a Halloween-themed cup for GO Battle League Season 4, and the annual Halloween event” to take place in October.
Finally, Niantic said the game will also have “an event celebrating Niantic’s anniversary and the changing of seasons.”
Are you looking forward to these events in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.