Pokemon Go Mega Evolution Changes: Earn More Mega Energy From Raids
Some changes have already been made, and more are coming.
Near the end of August, Mega Evolution was added to Pokemon Go. This new feature allows trainers to temporarily evolve certain Pokemon beyond their final form in order to make them stronger (learn more about Mega Evolution in our previous coverage).
Following the launch of Mega Evolution, the community had… mixed opinions about the feature (depending on where you looked, the feedback was pretty negative).
In response to player feedback, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, has announced some changes that have already been made to Mega Evolution, as well as some changes that are in the works.
To start, two new changes have already been made:
- It now requires less Mega Energy to Mega Evolve a Pokemon that has already been Mega Evolved in the past.
- Players will receive more Mega Energy when competing Mega Raids.
Then, Niantic is "working on implementing" three other changes:
- Players will be able to walk with their Buddy Pokemon to earn Mega Energy.
- There will be “[m]ore ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay.”
- When you have a Mega-Evolved Pokemon, you’ll earn bonus Candy when you capture Pokemon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokemon.
In its announcement of these changes, Niantic said:
“Thank you for your feedback as we continue to update this feature. Stay tuned—we’ll share more information on the ongoing development process."
Are you happy about these changes that have been made to Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.