Pokemon Masters Is Becoming Pokemon Masters EX to Celebrate the Game's First Birthday
Some major new features are coming to the game.
Pokemon Masters was released on mobile devices in August of 2019. Now, the game is preparing to celebrate its one-year anniversary in a big way, with multiple content updates and a name change.
The one-year anniversary update for Pokemon Masters will be released on August 27. At that point, Pokemon Masters will be renamed to Pokemon Masters EX to reflect the major changes that have been made to the game since launch (and will be made with this update).
This update will add the ability for players to upgrade certain sync pairs to 6* EX, making them stronger than before. While a limited number of sync pairs will have access to the 6* EX feature when this update launches, it will be added to additional sync pairs going forward. One of the first sync pairs that will receive access to the 6* EX boost is Sygna Suit Red & Charizard.
Next, this one-year update will add the Champion Stadium feature to the game, which will allow players to test their skills in themed challenges.
To start, trainers will be able to participate in the Champion Stadium’s Kanto Challenge, which will allow them to face off against the Elite Four from the Kanto region, as well as Kanto’s champion, Blue. In this Challenge, players will need to choose 15 different sync pairs to create five groups of three pairs. Each group of three Sync Pairs will be used to complete a three-on-three battle, and once a Sync Pair has been used, it can’t be used in any of the remaining battles.
To learn more about the Champion Stadium feature, check out the video embedded above.
In addition to this major one-year anniversary update, a number of other features will be added to the game in the coming weeks. Here are some of the highlights.
- From now until September 2 at 10:59 p.m. PT time, trainers can unlock the sync pair of Synga Suit Cynthia & Kommo-o through the sync pair Spotlight Scout.
- During this same time period, players can participate in a new Legendary Event called “New World Dilemma,” which stars the sync pair of Cyrus & Palkia.
- From now until August 24, a Rock-Type Egg Event will allow players to collect Eggs containing Rock-type Pokemon, such as Aerodactyl, Onix, Geodude, and Kabuto.
- From August 19 to September 2, players will have the chance to collect the sync pair of Lance & Dragonite through the sync pair Spotlight Scout.
- Players can complete the “Run-Up to One Year Mission Bingo” from now until August 27 to receive a variety of in-game rewards.
You can learn about even more events that are coming to the game by checking out the One-Year Anniversary video we embedded near the top of this post.