Pokemon Go's Eggstravaganza Starts Now
Boost your game in this egg-stra special Springtime event.
Everyone get egg-cited -- Pokemon Go’s special springtime event is back. Starting March 22, the Eggstravaganza event begins, and fans will have the chance to boost their game by capturing special Pokemon and earning bonus candy, the sweet stuff required to evolve Pokemon and get them ready to dominate gyms and raid battles.
Mark your calendars
The 2018 Eggstravaganza event will run from March 22 at 1 p.m. PST until April 2 at 1 p.m. PST.
Everything else you need to know about this event:
This is essentially a Pokemon Go rendition of an Easter egg hunt. Play the game in the next 11 days to collect as many eggs as possible. Then after incubating those eggs -- done by placing them in an incubator and walking the prescribed number of kilometers -- those eggs will crack open and may deliver you the Pokemon of your dreams (at least one can hope).
- Pokemon hunters will find a greater variety of Pokemon in 2 kilometer (km) eggs than normal, and 2km eggs will be the only eggs received at PokeStops during the event.
- Pokemon typically only found in 5km and 10km eggs will have a chance to appear in 2km eggs.
- Certain Pokemon, such as Pichu and Togepi, will have increased hatch rates.
- Every egg hatched will include bonus Pokemon Candy, helping players evolve or level up their Pokemon faster.
- Players will earn double Stardust throughout the event.
But wait, there’s more:
Special premium boxes will go on sale in the game’s store, and for your hard earned PokeCoins, you will be able to buy Super Incubators, which hatch eggs faster than usual, and Star pieces. Buying these pieces are like buying Stardust in bulk, a valuable resource needed to make your Pokemon faster, stronger and all around, more egg-cellent. Happy hunting!