Pokemon Go Fest 2020: Hang Out With Other Trainers in the Virtual Team Lounge
The Virtual Team Lounge website will host a variety of live-streamed content.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 is almost here! On July 25 and July 26, players who have purchased a ticket for the event will be able to complete Special Research tasks, work together with other trainers to complete challenges, and capture lots of different Pokemon.
Since this year's Pokemon Go Fest is taking place virtually, rather than in person, the “team lounges” typically found at real world Pokemon Go events are also being turned into a virtual experience.
Specifically, trainers will be able to visit the Virtual Team Lounge website to view live-streamed presentations and more.
The livestream will officially begin on July 24 at 2 p.m. PT, when John Hanke, the founder and CEO of Niantic (the company behind Pokemon Go), will give a “Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Global Kickoff” keynote presentation.
In a news post, Niantic shared the full lineup of segments and presentations that trainers will be able to watch on the Virtual Team Lounge website:
- “Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Global Kickoff: On Friday, July 24, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), join your fellow Trainers and start the festivities together with a kickoff keynote by John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic!
- The Makings of a Pokémon GO Fest: Ever wonder what it takes to make a Pokémon GO Fest event happen? Tune in and hear from Liz George, manager of community and social, and Laura Warner, senior game designer, to find out how we make the adventure happen.
- Print at Home Kit: How to Build a Gift: Feeling crafty? Learn how to build a real-life Gift directly from the artist who created it, Craig Kitzmann! Download the Print at Home kit now to get ready.
- Pokémon GO: Developer Insights: Hear from Matt Slemon, product lead for Pokémon GO, as he shares some insights and highlights of what’s to come.
- Getting Started in the GO Battle League: New to the GO Battle League? Fear not—we’re here to help you build a team featuring Pokémon you’ll encounter during Pokémon GO Fest.
- Social Impact and Diversity: Learn all about what Niantic is doing in the realm of social impact and diversity.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Commercial Behind-the-Scenes: Filmed and directed remotely with team members in London, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tokyo, our Pokémon GO Fest commercial “Look Closer” was inspired by our global Trainer communities and relationships. In this behind-the-scenes segment, you can learn about how this commercial was made. Plus, you can look forward to an appearance from the director, Rian Johnson, himself!
- On-the-GO Update!: Catch live event updates, and play Pokémon GO trivia for the chance to win prizes! This live segment will be occurring several times throughout the livestream.
- Avatar Fashion Show: Share a screenshot of your avatar’s style using #PokemonGOFest2020 for a chance to be featured in this segment!”
For more information about this year’s Pokemon Go Fest, check out our previous coverage.