Pokemon Go Fest Weekly Challenge Friendship: Everything You Need to Know
Here's what to expect from the game's third Weekly Challenge event.
Trainers, as we get closer to Pokemon Go Fest at the end of July, Pokemon Go is hosting a series of three Weekly Challenges that will allow players to work together to unlock appearances by special Pokemon during the Go Fest event.
All trainers will be able to participate in these Weekly Challenges, even if they haven’t purchased a ticket to Go Fest.
The first Weekly Challenge (Skill) will run from July 3 to July 8, while the second Weekly Challenge (Battle) will run from July 10 to July 15. You can learn more about these Challenges in our previous coverage.
The final Weekly Challenge will be available from July 17 at 8 a.m. local time until July 22 at 10 p.m. local time. It has the theme of “Friendship.”
Here’s everything you need to know about this event:
- There will be three sets of Timed Research tasks to complete. If you complete them, you’ll receive encounters with Alolan Raichu and Petilil, as well as a Lucky Egg and other in-game items.
- If one million trainers from Team Instinct complete these Timed Research tasks, Togetic will appear during Pokemon Go Fest.
- If one million trainers from Team Mystic complete them, Dratini will appear during Go Fest.
- If one million trainers from Team Valor complete these tasks, Litwick will appear during Go Fest.
- If you complete this week’s set of Timed Research, you’ll receive access to the “Go Fest Elite Friendship Challenge.” In a news post, Niantic, the game’s developer, said this is “a set of difficult tasks that you can complete for personal bragging rights!” You won’t be required to complete these tasks for your progress to count toward your team’s overall goal.
Finally, some “summer-themed” updates will also be active during this event. Here’s what you can expect:
- Summer-themed Pokemon will appear in the wild, in Raids, and be available to hatch from Eggs.
- You may encounter Shiny Bellsprout.
- Petilil will make its in-game debut. It will appear in the wild during sunny weather, and be available to hatch from 5 km Eggs.
- Summer Style Pikachu will appear in the wild.
- Niantic encouraged players to take a snapshot during the event “for a surprise.”
What do you think of this final Weekly Challenge event leading into Pokemon Go Fest? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.