Pokemon Go Fest Weekly Challenge Battle: Everything You Need to Know
The game's second weekly event will kick off in the middle of July.
Ahead of Pokemon Go Fest 2020, Pokemon Go players will be able to participate in three Weekly Challenges that will allow them to unlock appearances by special Pokemon during Go Fest at the end of July.
Each Weekly Challenge has a theme, and they’ll each allow players to complete a series of Timed Research tasks to receive rewards. All trainers will be able to participate in these Weekly Challenges, even if they haven't purchased a ticket to Go Fest.
The first Weekly Challenge will run from July 3 until July 8. It has the theme of “Skill.” You can learn more about it in our previous coverage.
The second Weekly Challenge has the theme of “Battle.” It will run from July 10 at 8 a.m. local time until July 15 at 10 p.m. local time.
Here’s everything you need to know about this second Weekly Challenge:
- There will be three sets of Timed Research tasks to complete. As you complete them, you’ll earn encounters with Hitmonlee and Absol, as well as a Super Rocket Radar and other in-game rewards.
- If one million trainers from Team Instinct complete these Timed Research tasks, Ferroseed will appear during Pokemon Go Fest 2020.
- If one million trainers from Team Mystic complete them, Alolan Grimer will appear during Go Fest.
- If one million trainers from Team Valor complete these tasks, Alolan Marowak will appear during Pokemon Go Fest.
- If you complete these Timed Research tasks, you’ll receive access to the “Go Fest Elite Battle Challenge.” In a news post, Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, said this is “a set of difficult tasks that you can complete for personal bragging rights!” You won’t be required to complete these Elite Battle Challenge tasks for your progress to count toward your team’s goal.
Finally, a separate “Battle-themed event” will take place on July 12 from 11 a.m to 2 p.m. local time. Niantic hasn’t revealed any additional details about this event as of this writing.
What do you think of this second Weekly Challenge leading into Pokemon Go Fest 2020? Let us know on Twitter at @superparenthq.