Pokemon Go Throwback Challenge 2020 Hoenn Guide
The third portion of Pokemon Go's major Throwback Challenge event kicks off Friday.
Trainers, it’s almost time for the Hoenn portion of Pokemon Go’s Throwback Challenge 2020 event to begin!
From May 15 at 1 p.m. local time until May 22 at 1 p.m. local time, a variety of bonuses and updates will be active in Pokemon Go that focus on the Hoenn region of the Pokemon universe.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Pokemon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild and in Raids.
- Lotad, Slakoth, Nincada, Skitty, Sableye, Mawile, Trapinch, Feebas, and Clamperl will have the chance to hatch from 7 km Eggs that are collected during this event.
- You’ll have the chance to encounter Shiny Skitty. Pikachu wearing Rayquaza hats will be available to encounter in the wild.
- You’ll be able to collect themed Field Research tasks that reward you with encounters with Pokemon from the Hoenn region.
- The walking distance required to earn a Buddy Candy will be cut in half. That is, if a Pokemon normally requires you to walk 3 km to earn a Buddy Candy, you’ll only need to walk 1.5 km during this event.
Finally, during this weeklong event, you’ll be able to complete a series of timed Special Research tasks that focus on the Hoenn region. If you complete these tasks, you’ll earn 10 Rare Candies and an encounter with a Groudon that knows the battle move Fire Punch.
Keep in mind that these Special Research tasks will only be available to complete until May 22 at 1 p.m. local time. If you don’t finish them before then, they’ll disappear from your game, and you won’t be able to earn their rewards.
In addition, remember that if you complete all of the Special Research tasks during each week of this Throwback Challenge event (there are weeks focused on the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions), you’ll receive access to the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research tasks in June, which you can complete to earn Rare Candies, Pokemon encounters, and more! For more information, check out our previous coverage.
Are you excited for the next part of Pokemon's Throwback Challenge event to begin? Let us know in the comments, or tweet us at @superparenthq.