Pokemon Go Pokemon Day 2020 Event: Clone Pokemon, Armored Mewtwo, and More
Watch out for Shiny Pokemon wearing party hats during this Pokemon Day celebration!
Pokemon Day is February 27. The day marks the anniversary of the release of the first Pokemon video games in Japan, and Pokemon Go is getting ready to celebrate the yearly event in a big way.
The game’s Pokemon Day celebration will take place from February 25 at 1 p.m. PT until March 2 at 1 p.m. PT. There’s a lot going on during this event, so let’s break it down!
- Pikachu and Eevee wearing party hats will be available to encounter in the wild, while Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle wearing party hats will be available to hatch from 7 km Eggs. These festive versions of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle will also appear in Tier-1 Raids during this event. Finally, all five party hat Pokemon will have the chance to be Shiny.
- Armored Mewtwo will be available to challenge in Tier-5 Raids, and it will know the move Psystrike.
- As part of this year’s overall Pokemon Day celebration, Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back-Evolution will be released on Netflix. To celebrate this, clone versions of Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise will be available to challenge in Tier-4 Raids during this Pokemon Day event in Pokemon Go.
- If you take pictures of your Pokemon using the game’s AR Snapshot feature during this Pokemon Day event, Clone Pikachu may appear in your picture. Once it appears, you’ll have the chance to capture it.
- You’ll be able to perform two Special Trades per day, rather than one, during this event.
In addition to these updates, a special Raid Day will take place on March 1 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time, which will give you the chance to encounter and potentially capture even more Pokemon wearing party hats.
Specifically, Nidorino wearing party hats will be available to challenge in Tier-2 Raids, and Gengar wearing party hats will appear in Tier-4 Raids. These Gengar will know the moves Lick and Psychic, and there’s the chance for both party hat Gengar and party hat Nidorino to be Shiny.
During this Raid Day event, you’ll be able to collect up to five free Raid Passes by visiting Gyms near you. However, you can only hold a single free Raid Pass at a time. That means you’ll need to collect a Pass and then use it to participate in a Raid before you can collect the next Pass, and so on.
Are you excited about this Pokemon Day celebration in Pokemon Go? Let us know in the comments, or tweet us at @superparenthq.